Richard Martin — iOS Developer
iOS developer. Inventor of ten patents. Silicon Valley veteran from Apple, Cisco, and Broadcom. Degrees in Computer Science and Commerce. Skilled at mobile development, design, UX/UI, agile project management, and working with engineering teams of all sizes. Available on a contract, part-time, or full-time basis. Contact me to discuss your next iOS app.
Software Projects: App Development
A quick summary of my software development and iOS education projects.
1. iOS Development — FotoLogger
FotoLogger is an iOS app, developed in Swift 3.0, for mobile professionals who want to log their photos, capture key information such as title, description, date of shoot, and the shoot location, and share information with colleagues and clients. The app is available on the Apple App Store. You can look at the source code on my GitHub account.
2. iOS Development — Local Brew
Local Brew is an iOS app that helps people find their favourite microbrewery in their favourite city. Available on the Apple App Store.
3. iOS Development — How to Develop an iOS App with Google Firebase
I instructed 200 iOS developers at four iOS Meetups in Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa on how to use Google Firebase as a backend service for an iOS app development. The kind folks at the Toronto Cocoaheads recorded and posted my presentation:
4. WordPress Development
I have developed a number of WordPress sites over the past five years. I am one of the founding organizers of WordCamp Ottawa and have presented at WordCamps in Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa.
5. Ruby on Rails Development
I created a web application called YouDo that allows one person to schedule tasks for a group of people (this application would work for a team of workers reporting to a boss). I used Rails to set up the application and integrated Twilio into the app to provide the texting service.
6. Ember.js Web Development
I did a little personal side project with Ember.js called ReadingList.
- Master of Business Administration, Queen’s University
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Bachelor of Commerce, Memorial University of Newfoundland
I have authored/co-authored ten patents on wireless networks, encryption, load balancing, and network management:
- Wireless local area network channel resource management
- Wireless local area network access management
- Wireless access point management in a campus environment
- Wireless access point service coverage area management
- Communication system and method in a hybrid wired/wireless local area network
- Method and system for network management in a hybrid wired/wireless network
- System and method for hardware acceleration in a hybrid wire/wireless local area network
- Method and system for providing an intelligent switch for bandwidth management in a hybrid wired/wireless local area network
- Method and system for optimal load balancing in a hybrid wired/wireless network
- Method and system for providing multiple encryption in a multi-band multi-protocol hybrid wired/wireless network
Professional Experience Highlights
1. Pascal Mobile — iOS Developer
Pascal Mobile develops iOS Apps and provides consulting mobile strategy services. iOS apps developed using a range of tools and services including:
- Dependencies including Cocoapods
- iTunes Connect for publishing apps on the App Store
- JSON and XML web services
- Google Firebase (Backed as a Service)
- Asana for Agile Project Management || Scrum
- Sketch and InVision for design
- GitHub for version control
2. MelioGuide — Web Developer. Ottawa, Ontario
MelioGuide is an online service that provides clients with osteoporosis an evidence-based exercise program. It offers continuing professional education courses and training to health professionals who treat clients with osteoporosis.
I developed the online presence for MelioGuide.
3. Cisco Systems — Director of Product Marketing. San Jose, California
I launched the Catalyst 2900 XL and Catalyst 3500 XL switch product lines and grew annual revenue from zero to $2.5 billion and #1 market share.
4. Apple — Group Marketing Manager. Cupertino, California
I developed, launched, and managed multiple marketing programs. I managed a marketing team responsible for: advertising, direct mail and promotions, trade event management, channel support programs, as well as other outbound marketing programs.
Board and Advisory Experience
1. Wavesat Semiconductor — Board Director
Independent member of the Board of Directors. Cavium acquired Wavesat.
2. Imaginum Semiconductor — Board Director
Independent member of the Board of Directors.
3. DxRx Medical — Oakland, California
Advisory Board Member.
4. Elliptic Technologies — Ottawa, Canada
Advisory Board Member. Elliptic was acquired by Synopsis in 2015.
5. Greenfield Networks — San Jose, California
Advisory Board Member. Cisco Systems acquired Greenfield.
6. TeraBlaze Networks — San Jose, California
Advisory Board Member. Agere acquired TeraBlaze.