I am an iOS developer who solves business problems. I understand users and build apps that make them smile.
I bring value to every iOS project because of my experience in:
- Web application development
- Project management
- Digital marketing
- Product management
I worked for Apple and Cisco and I advised a number of Silicon Valley startups.
A quick summary of my development projects. More detail on each project is available on my Work page.
1. iOS Development — Local Brew
Local Brew is an iOS app that helps people find their favourite microbrewery in their favourite city. The app is available on the Apple App Store.
I lead a team of three iOS developers to create Local Brew. The team worked in Chicago at Mobile Makers Academy.
2. WordPress Development
I have developed a number of WordPress sites over the past five years. I am one of the founding organizers of WordCamp Ottawa and have presented at WordCamps in Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa.
3. Ruby on Rails Development
I created a web application called YouDo that allows one person to schedule tasks for a group of people (this application would work for a team of workers reporting to a boss). I used Rails to set up the application and integrated Twilio into the app to provide the texting service.
4. Ember.js Web Development
- iOS Application Development, Mobile Makers, Chicago, IL
- Full Stack Web Application Development (Ruby on Rails), Bitmaker Labs, Toronto, ON
- Master of Business Administration, Queen’s University
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Bachelor of Commerce, Memorial University of Newfoundland
I have published six patents on wireless networks, encryption, load balancing, and network management:
- Network switching technologies in wired and wireless networks
- Network communications
- Network management
- Hardware acceleration
- Load balancing
- Encryption for wired and wireless networks
1. MelioGuide — Web Developer & Co Founder. Ottawa, Ontario
MelioGuide is an online service that provides clients with osteoporosis an evidence-based exercise program. We also offer continuing professional education courses and training to health professionals who treat clients with osteoporosis.
I launched the business — without external funding — and grew it into a significant revenue stream.
2. Cisco Systems — Director of Product Marketing. San Jose, California
I launched the Catalyst 2900 XL and Catalyst 3500 XL switch product lines and grew annual revenue from zero to $2.5 billion and #1 market share.
3. Apple — Group Marketing Manager. Cupertino, California
I developed, launched, and managed multiple marketing programs. I managed a marketing team responsible for: advertising, direct mail and promotions, trade event management, channel support programs, as well as other outbound marketing programs.
Board and Advisory Experience
1. Wavesat Semiconductor — Board Director
Independent member of the Board of Directors. Cavium acquired Wavesat.
2. Imaginum Semiconductor — Board Director
Independent member of the Board of Directors.
3. DxRx Medical — Oakland, California
Advisory Board Member.
4. Elliptic Technologies — Ottawa, Canada
Advisory Board Member.
5. Greenfield Networks — San Jose, California
Advisory Board Member. Cisco Systems acquired Greenfield.
6. TeraBlaze Networks — San Jose, California
Advisory Board Member. Agere acquired TeraBlaze.
If you want to talk about developing your iOS app, contact me.